Jim Ennis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Jul 1991 07:48:22 EDT
Hello,

  I have had another mail loop start up on TCPLUS-L.  I can't determine
where the culprit is that is generating the messages.  The only thing
that I can think to do is to place the list on HOLD when I am not
physically on campus and manually run it for a few weeks.  Are there any
better solutions to this problem?  Enclosed is the first occurrence
of the loop:

>>=========================================================================
>>Date:         Wed, 3 Jul 91 14:33:01 CST
>>Sender:       "TURBO C++ Discussion group." <[log in to unmask]>
>>Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was
>>From:         Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject:      Fortran to C (and how to find the program)
>>
>>--- Errors encountered in recipients ---
>>No such mail name "gbisaga" exists.
>>
>>Mail not delivered to above addresses.
>>---Text of Message follows---
>>
>>There is a public domain program that translates Fortran to C called f2c.
>>It is available in .Z format from research.att.com. Log on as netlib &
>>look in the f2c directory. I've never used it, but it would seem to do
>>what you wish.
>>
>>f2c is avialable many other places as well. I used archie, a database of
>>anonymous ftp sites (thus, you might be able to find it in other formats).
>>Archie found f2c at more than 50 sites in checking less than 10% of the
>>database. Since archie is so useful, let me briefly describe it.
>>
>>Archie contains approx. 70meg of info on the contents of all known anonymous
>>ftp sites on the Internet. To use archie, *telnet* to 132.206.2.3 and log
>>on as archie. There is help immediately available. Documentation can be
>>found by anonymous ftp to the same site under archie/doc/archie.man.txt.
>>While not essential, it really helps and is very well written. To use archie
>>via email, send the message help in mail to archie.cs.mcgill.edu. Archie has
>>beome so popular that it will soon be available at other sites. Daytime usage
>>can be slow.
>>
>>Several weeks ago I posted several questions to this list about M++. Basically
>>I wondered what features it had and how it came about. Anybody?
>>
>>Bill Goffe
>>h2zr1001 @ smuvm1.bitnet
>>h2zr1001 @ vm.cis.smu.edu

Thanks in advance,