Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:31:36 CDT
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:41:56 PDT Gabriel Merlano said:
>I'm recieving messages from here and I don't even know what list this is?
>Take me of whatever this list or send me info on unsubscribing

I humbly request that the owners of LSTSRV-L change the header to
* Subscription= Open,Confirm

I suspect that most of these folks were subscribed to the list by
someone spoofing their address.  As a listserv postmaster here at
A&M, all of our open lists have the Confirm option set unless the
listowner has a VERY good reason for doing otherwise (and I haven't
had one give me one yet).