Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:30:59 -0400
You might be thinking of the list header keyword Renewal= described in
this document: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/listkeyw.html

The short story is this keyword causes an explicit "you must reply" type
message to be generated periodically.  Subscribers who do not reply are
removed.

You can add this keyword, wait out the delay period you selected, then
remove the keyword - you don't have to leave it in the header all the
time, necessarily, depending on your particular population.

The discussion in the manual references "last activity date" but at the
moment I can't say whether or not there is a report that shows this date
to the list owner.  If there is one, you could just look at that instead.