Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:24:33 -0400
On Aug 26, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Ross, Christopher E wrote:

> Also, what file are the passwords kept in to access the web archives?
>
> What I have managed to cobble together to get the service to at
> least stay
> running with a mix of old and new files, no longer recognizes my
> password to
> access the web archives, so had to reset it.
>
> Is it per list or site wide?
>
> If I can restore that particular file, it would sure save a lot of
> calls...

Passwords are kept in files that have the naming convention
signup.fileX where X is a number. You should have at least nine
signup files which you may need to rehash. I suspect you might
benefit by reading the Listserv migration white paper, which is on L-
Soft's web site at http://www.lsoft.com/resources/wp-movinglistserv.pdf