Jeffrey Boulier <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 23:29:03 -0400
On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Russ wrote:
> [things about LISTSERV and spam prevention]

Russ,

        Maybe you should run your NT list on a Unix system using Sendmail?
;-)

        The only really effective option (other than the above) I could
come up with involves you actually reconfiguring your routers to block
known spam sites. This would allow you to, say, completely ignore all
packets from any net-block owned by AGIS. This tactic has evidently been
used by a fair number of sites. [1]

        Anyway, I'm not very NT competent, so maybe there's a "native" way
NT (or LMAIL?) can do this sort of thing. Any real NT admins out there who
can speak to this subject?

> Maybe this is easily handled in
> sendmail,  my apologies for being an NT customer who doesn't use it.

Apology accepted. Just try not to do it again. :-)

                        --Jeff B.

[1] See news.admin.net-abuse hierarchy for more info.