Jean-Michel Thizy <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Dec 1990 13:05:22 EST
[log in to unmask]  is edited and archived. Archives are numbered
in the filelist (e.g 90-00123). Unless archives are removed, the numbers are
also those showing in LDBASE. Yet sequentially assigned numbered do not
show in the postings (I believe). We write them manually, hoping that edited
submissions are posted by LISTSERV sequentially (with many exceptions).

IS THERE A WAY OF SHOWING THE LIST POSTING NUMBER DIRECTLY IN THE POSTING?

This helps some remote subscribers verify that they are receiving all postings.
(BALT-L is peered, with related numbering problems, although we use UBVM a
the referential listserv).