Juliana Ng <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 03:30:57 -0700
Proposed Name:                 quill-wrp
Topic:                         written role-playing
Type of audience:              young writers / Quill members
Estimated # of suscribers:     15 - 20 (of now)
Estimated # of messages daily: 10+

We are of members of the Quill Society (a club for young
writers). As a club, we try to create activities that
encourage member involvement and are geared to "writing".

The Quill's Written Role Play is a form of writing that takes
after a role-playing game. The major points of this activity
however, is to focus on character, plot and basic writing
development. Each "author" creates a character(s) and writes
for only for that said-character. Authors are not allowed to
manipulate with other authors' characters, but are encouraged
to _interact_ and create a plot. The settings are in
futuristic fantasy, modern, and mystery.

On the side, discussions of strong characters, how to plot
properly do also take place.

This list is now conducted through distribution lists, but is
rapidly growing... a mailing list would definitely ease the
job (such as people forgetting to include an address, etc). We
are also a non-profit organization (that does not wish to
impose fees/etc), we cannot afford a commercial list..

Juliana Ng