"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 10:22:21 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mark
Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]> says:
>> >Subscription options for Jeanne Snyder <[log in to unmask]>, list EXOTIC-L:

I am the [log in to unmask]

Also, oas.psu.edu has a 1/2 M byte e-mail limit which should not be
a problem since EXOTIC-L Digest definition is:

*  Digest= Yes,O,daily,size(1000),23:59

(I wonder if there is a problem with the "O" disk?)

Because I do not have access to the subscriber list of EXOTIC-L
(review=by-owner), I can not be absolutely sure of the
distribution path.  But trying a LISTSERV MAIL Distribute Debug
scenario ([log in to unmask] (the LISTSERV backbone site for
PSU, et al.) AND [log in to unmask]), non-digest distributions
flow from PLEARN -> ICNUCEVM -> UICBIT -> PSUVM -> (SMTP) ->
OAS.PSU.EDU.  The RSCS links seem to be symmetrical based upon
output of RSCS routing commands 'Q node' done at each hop in
either direction.

I DO see mail flowing via OAS.PSU.EDU SMTP logs to her from
LISTSERVs at non-PSU host distributing throuh PSUVM.PSU.EDU.

I also observed her "direct" dialog with the [log in to unmask]
which response source routed though SMTP at PSUVM.PSU.EDU

But I have not seen any other references from PLEARN or EXOTIC
in those same SMTP logs.

Interesting (to me) is that PSUVM's view of Bitnet connectivity
is asymmetrical --

tell LISTSERV show path psuvm plearn (nosp
* PSUVM --> MITVMA2 --> CEARN --> PLEARN

tell LISTSERV show path plearn psuvm (nosp
* PLEARN --> DEARN --> PUNFSV2 --> PSUVM

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]        "I get paid by the Byte"        +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. --   Penn State    -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA