Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:23:45 -0500
I am currently shopping for a new listserver to support our mailing list.
Our server has been having problems interacting with AOL (where a majority of
our members have their email addresses.)  AOL seems to think our listserver
is a SPAM mail source and rejects the mail. <sigh> ALthough this really is an
AOL problem, we cannot seem to get it resolved.  So, I am forced to find a
new server that will meet the needs of this loop that has basically become a
community support group.
Our mailing list is called HouMoms.  It presently has about 70 members.
 Membership is restricted to Moms who live in the Houston, Texas area.  This
discussion list allows not only the typical sharing and support, but because
it is concentrated in a geographical area, it has provided a social
connection as well.  Lots of our moms have formed tight friendships, and our
kids have too.  They are very committed to this loop.
Presently, I am able to conduct administrator tasks from my PC (membership
approvals and such).  I would like to continue this level of control.  The
list is NOT moderated.
If it would be possible to use your listserver.... please send me
information.  Thanks.
Karen, HouMoms List Owner