Alain Auroux <AUROUX@FRORS12>
Tue, 28 Nov 89 15:22:05 EDT
On Tue, 28 Nov 89 13:30:24 SET Maschtera Wilfried said:

>Now I must assume that I misinterpreted the statements of the EXEC's and
>the decision of the Board. The directive was accepted by the Board because
>of possible incompatibilities in the future, LISTSERV can be used as long
>as the compatibility to LISTEARN is garantued by the LISTSERV node.
>
>Regards / Wilfried

You are absolutely right, Wilfried, the directive does NOT impose to EARN
"listserver backbone" sites to run LISTEARN on Jan. 1st 1990, but to be in
a position to do it if necessary, because of LISTSERV-LISTEARN
incompatibilities. As long as this is not the case, "listserver backbone"
sites may run either LISTEARN or LISTSERV.

Sorry for not making it clear enough in my previous mail.

Alain