"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 09:27:32 EDT
On Thu, 16 Jun 1994 07:40:32 CDT Ron Ritchey said:
>We have a LISTSERV discussion list that will reject postings and
>send them back to you if it is a duplicate. Is that because the
>list is digested? Can it be turned off?
Like Peter, I would reccomend it.  The only time we have found this
to be a problem was with automated processes that would post informational
messages to a list, such as the one posted nightly to tell some of our
MVS people that a certain application ran successfully.  Our work around
has been to put the date and time in the body of the message.  Allows
dup checks to still be maintained, was simple to change, and does not
hurt the intent of the message.

>Thanks for your response in advance...
>
>| Ronald W. Ritchey                    Systems Programmer/Analyst      |
/ahw