James Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:28:28 -0500
Hi Bill,

Here at K-State everything goes to our spamassasin boxes.  Anything
that scores above 8 gets sent to /dev/null (and yes, we sent all that
to a separate file system for about three months to see the impact -
read that as how many people complained :-).  Everything lower than 8
goes on to the user where they can set their own level to be moved into
a Junk folder (the default is 5).  We delete everything in the various
Junk folders more than two weeks old (and /var/mail is still growing by
3 GB every day).

It surprised me how few people complained about this (you're doing WHAT
to my e-mail???).  It's catching A LOT of spam and people still
complain about how much they are getting.

--
 James Morrill  office: HL 11, 785-532-4909   www-personal.ksu.edu/~james

True poverty is a mother who kills her unborn child because it interferes
    with the way in which the mother wishes to live. - Mother Theresa