Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 08:49:28 EST
On Tue, 1 Nov 1994 08:38:01 LCL SUVM Network Manager said:
>On Mon, 31 Oct 1994 23:35:30 EST Bill Gruber said:
>>On Mon, 31 Oct 1994 20:33:59 CST Bill Harvey said:
>>>How 'bout adding an option to the  Reply-To keyword syntax.  Something like:
>>>  * Reply-to= (destination),Respect | Ignore | Also
>>
>>Well, except for the Also option, LISTSERV already does that.
>>
>>Bill Gruber
>>City University of New York
>
>I think LISTSERV can do all of it already.
>
>(destination) can be List | Sender | Both | None | "address"

Um, what if I do a

List|Sender|Both|None|"address" doesn't address that at all.  Depending on
Respect|Ignore, either the list default will override my intent, or

I like this idea.  It would be a help with misconfigured POP mail clients
that insert Reply-To's by default (aiming back at the From:  address!) that
I (used to?) see all too often.  I switched to "Ignore" on several local
lists because of those misconfigured clients; if I had an "Also" choice
besides Respect and Ignore, I'd have used that.

* Intelligence demands reasons, not rules.