Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Wed, 20 May 1987 22:39 SET
  Ok, I  have done two PUT  LINKSWT FILE (to  send the file to  new registered
backbone servers). When I sent the first one I was a little bit tired, and was
surprised not to  have received a single  ack 15 minutes later.  I checked all
the links  and no file was  waiting. So I said,  I must have sent  it with the
NODIST option, stupidly. So I resent it.  15 minutes later, still not a single
ack and all  the queues still empty.  I did TELL LISTSERV AT  CEARN MAIL LIST,
and no  reply, but I did  see the file going  up to FRORS31. But  sure enough,
IAT8188 NO JOBS  BCKLGD, and RSCS said  "No file active". I  DRAINed the link,
had to wait for 30 minutes before it would take a START, and ended up with 100
incoming files at once. Don't ask me what happened, but FRORS31 seemed just to
have forgotten that it  had mail (oops, I meant, SYSOUT  datasets) for us. And
pretended to have  no file (sorry, I  meant 'no jobs') queued  for FRECP11. Ah
well, JES3...

  Anyway the two files are exactly identical,  so if you get them forwarded to
you, you  can discard one  of them (preferrably the  first one because  of the
DATE= keyword --  you don't want to  look like you have an  older version when
you have the latest one, do you? :-) )

  Eric