Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Oct 90 12:17:38 EDT
On Mon, 8 Oct 90 11:19:00 EDT <JTB2568@ROSEDALE> said:
>Hello, I am interested in the specifics of how to bring up LISTSERV on a VAX
>780 with VMS 5.3 and a 9.6 line into Bitnet.  How much disk space, CPU
>processor load, maintenance, cost?  I understand that the LISTSERV software is
>"free", although I don't know where to get it.

Sorry, but LISTSERV only runs on IBM or compatable hardware running the IBM
VM operating system.  The code is written in IBM S/370 Assembler and REXX, the
IBM SAA exec language.  There have been several people talking about porting
the code to the VAX/VMS platform, but I have never heard from anyone who had
done it.

There are several mail/file servers for the VAX, but I am not aware of the
right places to get them.

Harold Pritchett