Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 20:39:18 EST
On Fri, 21 Jan 1994 02:33:44 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>How do  you store the  file? :-)

LSVPUT XRL MODULE (PUT, just like it says in FSV GUIDE.  :-) (Thanks, Ben!)

>If you intercept the job in LISTSERV's reader, RECEIVE it as XYZ MODULE,
>and do COPYFILE (FROM 2, is the blank present or omitted?

If I receive the file to the temp disk and then COPYFILE (FROM 2 to the
destination, the copies are identical to each other but are missing the
trailing spaces on the two lines.

When led by the hand, I sometimes come to see what becomes obvious.  :-)
You're going to tell me it's a CMS bug, right?  Fair enough, although from
the fact that a SENDFILE/RECEIVE combo works, it would appear to be tied to
the options used on DMSDDL or maybe RECEIVE.  (Or, I missed a critical
option on LSVPUT designed to avoid this?)

So, Eric, how do I build a simple test case for IBM to show them the error
of their ways?  :-)

>What are the options on the PUT command line?

See above

>  Eric

Nick, who's pleasantly surprised that Eric himself answered. :-)

* ------
* Come to the 1994 VM Workshop: June 7-11 at the University of Notre
* Dame!  User Experience talks, dialogues with IBM, and presentations
* from other vendors in an informal setting.  Contact me or sign up for
* [log in to unmask] for details!