"T. D. Stephen" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jan 1994 12:41:14 EST
We just posted a message to our EJCREC list and though we thought
we saw evidence that it was being distributed (Listserv said so,
I got my own copy in my account, and we received a bunch of reject
notices because of the usual expired addresses), the attached
showed up in the mailbox of the account that originated the
post (Support@Rpitsvm).  We only sent the note once and the Listserv
information notice appears to refer to a message that touched base
at PUCC somehow.  Has our post been distributed? partially distributed?
Is there an error in Listserv?  Did we do something wrong?

Thanks,

Tim Stephen
Associate Professor

Date:         Thu, 27 Jan 1994 12:16:58 -0500
From:         BITNET list server at RPITSVM (1.7f) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Rejected posting to EJCREC@RPITSVM
To:           Comserve Support Staff <[log in to unmask]>

Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it seems to have been
already sent to  the EJCREC list. That  is, a message with  identical body (but
possibly different headers) has been posted to the list recently, either by you
or by  someone else. If you  have a good reason  to resend this message  to the
list (for instance because half of the outbound spool files were lost in a disk
crash at  some intermediate node),  please alter the  message text in  some way
before resending  it. Note that  altering the  "Subject:" line or  adding blank
lines at the top or bottom of the message is not sufficient; you should instead
add a line  at the top explaining  why you are re-sending the  message, for the
benefit of the list membership.