"Douglas Sargent (The Bug)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jul 1992 16:37:11 LCL
Hi all,

   I have quite problem here. A user obtained the listserv password and
put a new file (exec) into the 191 disk, called LSV$SND. This exec
transfers all the files from an admin account into his account.

   How do i know if this file can be executed by any of the three classes
of users (ie, user, list owner, admin). Is there a file in which these
commands are mapped (ie which exec belongs to which class)?

   Can this file be deleted (LSV$SND) whithout Listserv crashing because
it might have been linked into another exec ?

   Eric : Does this merit a change of your password to this listserv ?
Will U do it ?

    The Bug.

   PS: I just love problems like this cropping up. Sorry for the hassle
guys.