"Harris, Jason (DIS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:20:50 -0700
Listserv the application is not sending out the notification only for the adds.  I can tell by the listserv.log and the mail agent log (postfix /var/log/mail).  Mail is being generated for the dels and modifications.  I thought it might be a config option I am not seeing.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Parker
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 16:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Subscriber notification

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:21:38 -0700, "Harris, Jason (DIS)" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>non quietly
>adding addresses to lists results in the message "Notification has been
>sent to [log in to unmask]".   Yet no message gets sent out to subscriber.

Are you certain that no message gets sent?  Or do you mean that the subscriber
does not receive a message?  These are not the same thing.  The only time
LISTSERV does not send out a notification (for non-quiet ADDs) is if the
address in question also happens to be an Owner= of that particular list.  In
all other cases, a notification is created and sent (check your mailer logs to
verify this).

There can be a number of reasons that the subscriber's ISP, corporate spam
filters, etc. may "eat" the notification message along the way, preventing it
from being received.  LISTSERV cannot be expected to control any of these
external roadblocks.