Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:40:36 -0600
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:38:39 -0600, KC Wise <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Getting error message about MSG_POSTING_REJECT_DUPMSG
>How and where can I go to disable this setting.  They sent the mail out but the user wasn't authorized to send to the list.  I made the users authorized with SEND= emailaddress  but now they get the message about MSG_POSTING_REJECT_DUPMSG

The easiest solution is for the user to change the message content slightly,
perhaps change a word or 2 in the first line.  (The change needs to be in
the message body, not the Subject: line.)  LISTSERV runs a checksum on the
message body, which is one way it detects duplicate messages (usually
duplicates come from a mail loop).

The other way is to temporarily set

Loopcheck= None

in the list configuration, allow the message to post, and then remove that
setting so you are still protected against mail loops.