Leonard D Woren <LDW@USCMVSA>
Mon, 4 Apr 88 19:56:00 PDT
> When mail is  set without "Mail-via= Distribute", a separate  mailfile is sent
> to each of  the concealed users, so  that other people cannot see  them in the
> 'To:'  field.  This may  result  in  an increase  in  network  load, and  will

In a pure (B)SMTP network, this would not result in any increase in
network load, since the address list is out of band.  The To: line
would remain To: listname.  The recipients are effectively BCC'd.  I
think that this is essentially how Internet mailing lists work.  I
would much rather have all my list mail show To: listname instead of
 To: <LDW> .

/Leonard