Sat, 26 May 2001 12:03:16 -0400
I tried to search archives on this subject, and it seams that people
are having this problem. But unfortunately, I could not find a
solution.
I am not able to use WEB administartion or search functionality of
the WEB interface getting:Error during command authentication
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10106,
phase=SOCKET, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The installation manual suggests
the following:
:When using IIS version 4.0, you may get an Error(5) from 'wa' when trying
to do things like search, post to the list, or anything else that
requires 'wa' to pipe a command to LISTSERV. We believe this to be due to a
bug in IIS 4.0 (the problem does not appear in IIS 3.0 or earlier),
specifically in the code that enables automatic password synchronization
for the anonymous user stage. The only fix our support group are aware of
is to open the Internet Service Manager, find the "wa.exe" executable in
the tree, and then do the following:
1. Open the property sheet for "wa.exe" by double-clicking it
2. Click on the "File Security" tab
3. Under "Anonymous Access and Authentication Control", click on
the "Edit..." button, which pulls up a dialog box entitled "Authentication
Methods"
4. Click the "Edit..." button next to "Account used for Anonymous Access:"
which brings up a dialog entitled "Anonymous User Account"
5. UNCHECK the box for "Enable Automatic Password Synchronization"
6. Click "OK""

After following these instructions I am able to access WEB interface, but
I have to enter user name and password via Windows authentication (the
message box pops up). In addition, I have to enter password even for
archive search.

Can anybody help, please?

DF