Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:02:12 -0500
Try

   query * for *@*

from the site postmaster address.  There appears to be a size limit on the generated response - in my case I got two messages, labeled "1/2" and "2/2" in the subject, about 700KB each, and the split point was NOT at a logical break in the content, just seems to be at the first end-of-line once the limit was crossed, so far as I can tell, so they could not be fed separately to any programmed logic.  But I haven't actually tried to investigate this though.  Our total subscriber count is only a bit over 2,000 so for larger sites I guess you'll get quite a handful of big messages

It might actually prove easier to process if you used a GET listname (NOLOCK for all the lists and splice the results together for feeding to your parsing routine, at least that way you get only one text line per subscriber (besides the header lines), where QUERY produces one line per subscription option being reported, plus one or two lines to identify the subscriber plus blank/separator lines..

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/10/03 12:54PM >>>
I'm running 1.8e.  I know that the typical "review" command returns only subscribers for a given list.  I know also that I can compose an email with serial commands that list all the lists, and thereby cause LISTSERV to return subscribers for all lists -- though in separate emails.  What I need is a way to have LISTSERV return all subscribers to all lists in one listing of subscribers.  I have a task that requires me to periodically do this and it just adds to my time to have to manually merge and purge....