Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 17:48:32 EST
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:47:26 -0600 Chris Novy <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I own about  10 lists on a  UNIX version of LISTSERV. Is  there a header
>option that I can use so that when I issue a command like:
>
>   quiet del * [log in to unmask] pw=abcdef
>
>I am *not* mailed an "OK" confirmation request?

The  OK confirmation  is  only  sent when  you  have selected  "Validate=
...,NoPW", which effectively disables password validation for this list.

>Also, is it  necessary to include the password on  every request sent as
>part of a single mailing or can I just put it on the first request line?

It should  be either on every  command, or on  the JOB card (if  you have
one). Automatically  transferring passwords  from one command  to another
would be BAD security.

  Eric