Scott Hammer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Nov 1992 15:38:03 EST
Is there any way to allow mail from "root" at a particular node as
a legal address for submitting to a particular list without disabling
loop checking altogether?  I see in the release notes for 1.7b the
introduction of "Loopcheck=NoOrigin," but that seems less granular
than what I want.

My situation is this.  We have a list that is used for posting bug reports,
fixes, etc. for our unix systems around campus.  The person who posts most
often is the Engineer responsible for these systems -- unfortunately, he
is most often logged on a root, and posts from there, and LISTSERV rejects
the mail.  I'd like him to be able to post to this one list, without
turning off the other checking that LISTSERV does.

Is this possible?

-Scott Hammer
 VM Systems Engineer
 College of William and Mary