Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Nov 1991 08:46:52 +0100
On Tue, 26 Nov 1991 14:34:15 EST Greg Kroll <USDGK@VTVM1> said:

>I  was wondering  how I  would go  about coding  a Command  Job Language
>Interpreter  (CJLI) job  to do  something like  review a  dozen or  more
>re-distribution lists that are not "peered" but linked as "listener's".

Well, this  isn't really  a CJLI  problem but a  problem with  the REVIEW
command.

>Unless I don't  understand correctly, it seems a review  of peered lists
>will get  you all re-distribution  lists also, however, lists  linked as
>non-peer  will only  get you  the host  LISTSERV subscriber  list. Am  I
>right?

By default a  REVIEW on a peered list  gets you a copy of  all the peers,
but you can use the LOCAL option  if you only want the local one. Clearly
if there  is no  peer you  only get  the one  list. If  the list  name is
unambiguous, REVIEW  will forward  the request to  the server  owning the
list.

>//LookSee JOB Echo=No
>review DD=Lists
>//Lists    DD *