"Michael J. Langum" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:05:10 -0400
I just had a case where a new subscriber had an "I'm on
vacation" auto-response set up in her mail client.

When the list distributed a message, an exchange developed
in which listserv responded with something like:
                "I'm on vacation" is not a valid command.
This of course generated another auto-response, and on and
on.

When 50 of these false "commands" were received  the user
was "served off".

I don't want my users coming back from vacation and finding 50
"I'm on vacation" is not a valid command" messages in their
In-box.   Is there a way to reduce this 50 message threshold?
--Mike

--  E-Mail scanned for viruses. --