"Eric W. Tilenius" <EWTILENI@PUCC>
Tue, 19 Jan 88 13:20:43 EST
>To tell the truth, I don't see why  Eric should have to deal with any of
>this stuff.  There is a  FREE set of programs  for Unix sites  that will
>allow them to send RFC-conformant mail available (smail, elm, and dozens
>of others),  so there is  no excuse for sending  stuff like the  junk in
>your examples out into netland. I think Eric's code is doing yeoman duty
>in even trying to deal with that stuff.

Essentially, what I'm asking is that a sender of "uucp" be flagged along
with "mailer" and "mailer-demon", or that reversed form list names be
flagged (eg. cunyvm!pucc.bitnet!COCO, where COCO is the list name and
pucc.bitnet is the node it's running on) as error messages.

I can't expect any Unix site of people who want to be on my mailing list
to run a special package, can I?

I don't think this is a complex patch, and would enable Listserv to
deal more effectively with the chaos in UUCP.

Until then, I'm having to moderate the list...

- ERIC -             * Another proud CoCo 3 user *        ______________
BITNET:ewtileni@pucc | ARPA:[log in to unmask]  | ColorVenture |
CompuServe: 70346,16 | MCI Mail and/or Delphi: TILENIUS  |______________|
PHONE :609-734-0092  | UUCP:{rutgers,cbosgd,cmcl2}!psuvax1!pucc.BITNET!ewtileni