David Devereaux-Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:18:13 -0500
Valdis,

Yes, I did mean listserv.  My present server uses the name listproc, and my
fingers are so well trained that they translate for the brain (and the eyes
ignore the text right in front of them)!

The OS is Solaris 8, the compiler is gcc.  I'm using sendmail's 'Build', so
whatever compiler options it uses.  I did not specify any explicit build
options.

Note that I did create dl, a test user which is changed to the domain
lists.scte.org, and that user sends mail without error (messages from that
account appear to come from [log in to unmask]).

Is there a way to debug or log the listserv call to sendmail?

On another issue, does listserv look for the file /etc/mail/sendmail.pid in
order to send as listserv?  I have noticed that that file is not
automatically created since my installation of sendmail 8.11.4 (that is a
lower priority issue for me to solve, unless it breaks something else, like
this).

Regarding 'mkpasswd', I think the 'newaliases' command re-generates
aliases.dir and aliases.pag.  When I edit the passwd file, I use vipw,
which helps me keep the shadow file up to date and synch'ed.

Since my listserv is not production yet, I haven't had any bounces.

Dave

--
(from the cablemodem at home)
David Devereaux-Weber, P.E.