Marc Slemko <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 May 1993 23:01:48 -0600
Seems like things always get out of hand.  <sigh>

I tried hosting this list on my own UUCP site, but the volume is just
becoming too much for both administration (manually) and actual mailing
size.  Following is the new-list announcement I sent out:

[log in to unmask]     The Hack Report List

   The Hack Report is a monthly informational newsletter put out by Lee
   Jackson, Co-Moderator of the FidoNet International SHAREWRE echo and
   Moderator of the FidoNet WARNINGS echo which warns of hacked, hoax,
   Trojan Hourse, and pirated files that have been seen posted on BBS
   systems worldwide.  It is mainly MS-DOS oriented, although it does
   have a few notes on programs for other computer platforms.  It is a
   great aid for anyone who downloads files from a public access system.

   There are many people who do not get quick, or any, access to the
   latest version of the essential report.  This mailing list has been
   created to allow fast efficient distribution of The Hack Report to
   people with an Internet mail address who do not have easy access to
   it via other means such as anonymous FTP or through FidoNet.  This is
   a one-directional list soley for the distribution of The Hack Report
   each month.

   To subscribe to The Hack Report mailing list, please send requests to
   the human monitored address [log in to unmask]

   Owner:  Marc Slemko <[log in to unmask]>

This list consists of an approximately 50K UUENCODED file being sent out
once a month.  There are currently over 200 subscribers, and it is just
getting going.  The overwhealming response to this list indicates that
it is an important thing, and should be distributed.

Could anyone who would be willing to host this via their listserv please
contact me.  It's not a lot of traffic for a large site, but I just
don't have the resources to handle it here, especially with two UUCP
systems between me and the Internet.

Thanks.

        Marc Slemko        | [log in to unmask]
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  |