Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:32:24 +10
Eric,

I truly dont have time now or I would get out the doco and give you the list of
contacts for getting this person off your list...

just a quick though.. there are email re-mailers who offer the ability to send
out with abaout 30 or so different e-mail addresses.... but they all come from
the same server.....

check out his header on any of his messages.... I dont know if you have access
to UNIX but use the equivalent of nslookup on his IP dependant on what OS you
use... you can then use dig to find out the name server for that site.... check
out a couple of his messages and I am sure you will find that he is posting
from the one site....

when you find out the name server.... write to them.... I have a list here of
contactable names and correct e-mail addresses for quite a number of common
nameservers... include the original messages from this guy..... showing the
header information as well.... let them know that you would appreciate it if
they could take some action at their end....

once you have the name server IP address you can totally block that nameserver
from access to the list... check in the manual for correct configuration of
command line for this.... trouble is you may end up blocking legitimate users
as well...

there is a particular site where you can report people who harrass through
e-mail... thats where I would have to go through my doco to find out for you...

if you have trouble reading headers I have a great doco here that takes you
through it step by step.... I have had to do this a number of times for other
people and some companies...

will try to get the info to you this afternoon, let me know how much and what
you need.... if possible....

Debra