Mon, 18 Jan 1993 10:59:55 CST
> In terms of developing a user-friendly client in the Macintosh world, I
> would think that a Hypercard-based application would be the best way to
> go. Given that all Macs are shipped with at least a fully functional
> Hypercard player (i.e., runtime module), such an application would be
> usable by the majority of Mac-equipped Listserv users.

However, to do anything really useful, you need Hypercard II,
which is a extra cost product. Of couse, most Mac users cough up
the extra bucks, but it's not universal.

Hypercard is also extremely weak when it comes to communications
stuff -- especially when you have to handle full-screen
applications.  MacWorkstation might be a possiblity, in tandem
with a CMS application that reduced the problem to parsing a
series of line-mode text commands. IBM's new Workstation/1
product ought to offer something useful in that context as well,
if the communications stuff is usable at all. Workstation/1 is
supposed to be available for both Macs and PCs (although I
haven't seen it).