Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:54:08 -0600
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:04:48 -0500, ListServ Administrator
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>An error occurred while logging mail to the
>archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. An incomplete copy of the message might be
>present in the archive file. The list is being held to prevent further
>occurrences of this error. Please take corrective action and issue a "FREE
>ACMCLUB-L"  command when you want the message to be reprocessed.
>

>No actual error information followed the text above. This immediately
>struck me as unusual because the archives for that list have been working
>fine for a month and a half,

This should be a FAQ, but occasionally, somehow, the Digest gets out of
Sync with the current Archive file (most often if somebody has edited the
Archives, but occasionally for no obvious reason).  The only fix is to
delete the Digest file (which is usually very large and has in fact not
gone out for some days).

GET the List Header.

Add the line Digest= No

PUT the List Header.
(You should see a message about the digest being deleted.)

GET the List Header.

remove the line Digest= No

PUT the List Header again.