"Thomas W. Kozma" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:04:00 -0500
I'm having a bit of a problem moving list archives from an old unix server
running 1.8c to a new one running 1.8d and making them accessible through
the web interface.

I moved all the log files as well as the index files for every list. I
restarted listserv and the log shows a "Building list indexes..." entry,
followed by a line for each list. I thought this would update the index
files to point to the
new machine, but when I checked the index files, they still point to the
old machine. As a result, the archives can't be accessed on the web page
(error code 2). I tried to fix the problem by deleting all the index files
for one list and restarting listserv, thinking the index files would then
get built correctly. I still get an error code 2, but now it at least points
to the new machine. When I go into the archive subdirectory for that list,
there are still no index files, so they obviously did not get rebuilt.

The only solution I have found so far is to manually edit an index file,
and change the first line so it points to the new machine instead of the
old machine.
Although this seems to work, I have thousands of index files and don't have
time to edit each one individually.

Is there some way to force listserv to rebuild the index files so they
point to the correct directory? Or is there some other approach to solving
this problem?
--
Tom Kozma                               Phone: 313-577-4821
Academic Computing & Customer Services    Fax: 313-577-8787