John Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:05:56 -0400
I am trying to setup LDAP authentication from Listserv 15.5, but haven't
managed to find a password filter that works.  I have managed to get to a
point where an SSL login is required for everything, so I got that working.
I'm testing using a user that's in Active Directory but not in Listserv, and
my user (which is in both but with different passwords).

Here's the configuration:
LDAP_AUTH_COUGARS [redacted]
LDAP_AUTH_DEFAULT
LDAP_DEFAULT_EMAIL_COUGARS mail
LDAP_DEFAULT_EMAIL_DEFAULT
LDAP_DEFAULT_NAME_COUGARS displayName
LDAP_PW_BASE_COUGARS dc=cougars,dc=int
LDAP_PW_BASE_DEFAULT
LDAP_PW_FILTER_COUGARS (name=%s)
LDAP_PW_FILTER_DEFAULT
LDAP_PW_ONLY 0
LDAP_PW_REQUIRE_SSL 0
LDAP_PW_SERVERS Cougars
LDAP_SERVER_COUGARS broad.cougars.int
LDAP_SERVER
LDAP_UID_COUGARS CN=ListservAdmin,OU=ACTS,DC=COUGARS,DC=INT
LDAP_UID_DEFAULT

Our user accounts are in multiple different OU's under DC=cougars,DC=int:
Employees_OU, Students_OU, etc.  The CN is just the same as the
sAMAccountName (DoeJ).  The UPN is [log in to unmask]  The mail addresses are

I consistently see LOGIN [log in to unmask], followed by BADPW in the listserv
log.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
 -JFS

--