Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:52:49 +0100
On Tue, 14 Mar 1995 10:12:30 EST Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> said:

>It's also possible that the H disk is full...also, the sysadmin may need
>to manually add the list name to the DIGESTS FILE. (Actually, I'd bet on
>the latter.)

This  would only  be the  case if  the adminitrator  had FTPed  the day's
incomplete "listname DIGEST" file. The contents of the DIGEST and SUBJECT
files and of DIGESTS FILE have to be in synch. In other words, the DIGEST
and SUBJECT files are internal work  files, not archive files. They can't
be retrieved via GET, and so on. When you move a list, you don't normally
move the day's unfinished digest. You  change the mail aliases on the old
list to  point to the  new list and/or use  the "New-List=" tag,  and you
keep the old list around for a few days so people have time to read their
mail and find out about the new location. The old list will then send its
digest and everyone will be happy.

  Eric