Gary Sponseller <SPONSELL@AKRONVM>
Fri, 08 May 87 10:47:01 EST

>I asked  Alan about  1.24 last  week and he  said that  it was  in final
>testing stage and that distribution would  probably be via a server ( ie
>people would have to request it from the server ).
>
>Perhaps he will install LISTSERV to do it?

I was under the impression that an ":infon.MAILER" setting in BITEARN NODES
was for the very purpose of distributing new VM Mailer versions?

Since Chris Thomas is reading the current master file each month and
generates RSCS routing tables (among others) for ":infon.RSCS", it seems
to follow that a similar method should be employed for this distribution.

Besides, how many people will go out of their way to look for an updated
version?   I will be prompted to install the new one just by receiving
it.  If it gets lost (for any reason), I would then think that a copy
should be available by request from NETSERV (or LISTSERV or ...).

Gary