Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 15:46:28 EDT
> Here is the boilerplate I send back to users when
> their e-mail bounces for trying to forward a copy
> back to the list:

I have a boilerplate message That I send back too.
This is it:

*** Your message was not distributed to the list ***

You must resend your message.  It is attached below.

Please, when you reply to a message from a LISTSERV list, be sure to
delete the headers of the original message from your reply.  If
LISTSERV sees something resembling a To or Sender header mentioning the
name of the list in the BODY of a message, it assumes that the message
may be a bounce message and sends it to the list owner and NOT to the
list.

By the way, on the Internet and BITNET it is customary to delete the
headers in a reply to a list, regardless of what software is used for
the list.

Roger Fajman                                   Telephone:  +1 301 402 4265
National Institutes of Health                  BITNET:     RAF@NIHCU
Bethesda, Maryland, USA                        Internet:   [log in to unmask]
Postmaster for CU.NIH.GOV/NIHCU, LIST.NIH.GOV/NIHLIST, WEB.NIH.GOV

P.S. - This is a canned message.