Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:27:13 -0700
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:05:12 -0500, UB Listserv Administrator
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have many listname.okXXXXX files in my listserv home dir. They are all
>approved postings from moderated lists.

No.  They are postings waiting for approval.  Normally they are automatically
'aged' and deleted after 7 days, unless you have had a 'crash', in which case
they become 'disconnected' from LISTSERV and are lost.  IF this happens then
they cannot be approved nor will they be auto-deleted.

>The questions is, why do they end up there,

That's where LISTSERV stores them while waiting approval.

>and can I safely delete them?

Only if they are more than 7 days old.  Anything less must be allowed to stay
until either approved or 7 days pass.