Tim Casten <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:44:36 -0400
LSTSRV-L,

  Have a strange problem that started right after my last lsoft
  upgrade on march 9th. i installed the newest update.

  Anyway here is what is going on the lsmtp console is showing about
  7000 messages in and out a minute, and showing a constant 180 smtp
  in and out connections.

  Top thread count has reached the 500 mark and usually stays around
  110

  So first reaction we are being attacked.

  Checked the firewall at the server level nothing coming in to that
  particular server.  checked with our rack hosting company and they
  see nothing abnormal.

  completely disconnected lsmtp from lsoft and shutdown lsoft services
  and the connections continued to climb.  we have lsmtp logs in the
  range of 2 gigs per day.

  So it appears that something internally with lsmtp is sending
  messages within itself from the server.

  also the domains that are making the multiple connections are
  showing

  localhost.ultrarpm.com
  and
  localhost.fabulous.com

  over and over again however like i said they are not coming from
  outside they are coming from within the machine

--
Tim