BOB STRINGFIELD <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 1991 13:10:32 MST
Informix Mail List Attached:

------------------------------TEXT START-------------------------------
Bob,

Bill Daul at Informix forwarded me your question about an Informix e-mail list.
We've had one going for about 3 months.  I've enclosed a brief write-up about
the list that tells how to subscribe.  Feel free to send it on to anyone that
you think might be interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Walt.

--
Walt Hultgren                        Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA   BITNET:  walt@EMORY

software and related subjects.  Topics include all of the Informix offerings,
from C-ISAM to WingZ, plus third-party products.

Membership in the list is open to anyone, including end-users, vendors and
employees of Informix Software, Inc.  The list is unmoderated, so members are
solely responsible for its content.  All contributions are welcome, so long as
they emphasize substantive information.

To subscribe, send e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the
following information:

    1. Your name (not just your login ID)
    2. Organization or Company name
    3. Postal address
    4. Voice phone number
    5. Operating environment, such as hardware, OS, network
    6. Informix products your regularly use:  4GL, ISQL, RDS, etc.
    7. Whether you want Informix-related Usenet comp.databases articles
       sent to you via e-mail (see below)
    8. The number of User-ID's served if you use an alias (see also below)
    9. Any comments or suggestions you have about the list

About #7:  The list provides a gateway service where Informix-related articles
posted to the Usenet newsgroup comp.databases can be sent to you via e-mail.
This is a one-way transfer, in that messages posted directly to the list will
not be automatically sent back to comp.databases -- at least not for now.  If
you do not want the gateway service, please indicate this in your mail.

About #8:  If there are several users on your system(s) that want to subscribe,
you may want to set up a local mail alias for incoming list messages if you
have that capability.  If you do, pick an alias such as "informix-distr" to
which users are unlikely to post, and do *not* include the main list address in
your alias.  I'd appreciate knowing the number of User-ID's that it serves.

I'm excited about the prospects for this list, and I'm looking forward to
seeing it grow.  If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Thanks,

Walt.

--
Walt Hultgren                        Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA   BITNET:  walt@EMORY
Voice: +1 404 727 0648               UUCP:  {...,rutgers,gatech}!emory!rmy!walt
----
["Informix", "C-ISAM" and "WingZ" are registered trademarks of Informix
Software, Inc.]
---------------------------TEXT END---------------------------------

Robert (Bob) L. Stringfield, Computer Systems Analyst
Mainz Army Depot
Directorate, Management Information Systems (D/MIS)
ATTN:  SDSMZ-I
APO NY 09185
COML (No ETS or Autovon available): 06131-696328 (Germany)
FAX: 06131-696467
Electronic Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Alternative:  [log in to unmask]
Truth:  IGNORANCE hates knowledge....