"Hiler, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:43:55 -0400
Create a text file from the list you have from Mercury. You want the
text file to be on your PC. Each address must be on a separate line.

Go into Listserv in List Management, select your new list you have made
in Listserv and click on the Bulk tab.

You can bulk import from your text file from Mercury that contains the
list address names. You want the text file to be on your PC.

John Hiler
513-229-1131 Work
513-325-7572 Cell

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bulk Creation of Lists (Lots of them)

I need to create ~170 lists, all at one time, as I'm migrating lists
from
Mercury to listserv. I have a script to scan the lists.mer file and
create
the appropriate listserv headers. Now to create the lists: I don't want
send 170 individual emails with the header, although I can do that
programmatically, as well. I've contemplated dropping the file directly
into listserv's main directory and restarting listserv, although that is
undesirable because I DO have to restart listserv: our policies require
restart go through our change control process (occurs once weekly). I
can
use the tcpgui interface but I would rather generate all the headers,
look
at them, then (however) do the creation. Is there a way to send multiple
lists at a time through email? Ideas welcome, and thanks in advance for
your help, as always.