FAST FISH <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 03:43:10 EST
Hi, I've been extracting various threads on my list into
files and placing them on the fileserver. I wondered about
two things: 1) would it be a good practice to reduce the
size of the notebooks correspondingly as I take the
various related messages out of them and place them in
files? Is that commonly done on other fileservers?
2) is there any way that fileserver files can be
included in Listserv searches, i.e. included in the
database as searchable items? I guess I'm thinking
of the researcher who searches my list without
bothering to get the filelist first, and comes
up empty-handed.

Jeff Finlay
Comoderator, H-Amstdy@uicvm
An American Studies List