"Steven P. Roder" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 May 1994 15:10:51 EDT
On Fri, 6 May 1994 09:49:09 -0800 Richard Hintz said:
>Here's a naive question.  Right now we are connected to the NJE network
>with UCBCMSA, a core site, upstream from us running Listserv NJE.
>Downstream from us, we are connected via VMNET or SNA to several NJE sites
>which also run Listserv NJE.
>
>UCBCMSA --  UCCVMA  --  site 1
> (core)     (us)   \
>                    --  site 2 (and another via a separate link)
>
>We intend to leave Bitnet and license Listserv TCP/IP and LMail.  The
>downstream sites may or may not leave Bitnet.  All have LMail and VM
>TCP/IP, though one site is not running the VM SMTP.
>
>How do Listserv NJE and Listserv TCP/IP interact if I retain my direct RSCS
>links to the downstream sites?  What can I do, if anything, to minimize the
>impact on the downstream sites?  Do they need to connect to an NJE site
>upstream from me to minimize disruption?  Thanks for any help.
Richard,

     If you intend to leave Bitnet, then wouldn't your "downstream" nodes
have to connect to someone else?  If you leave the tables, then they would
be unreachable to the rest of the world (unless they connect elsewhere).
If you maintain a connection to them, it would only get used by you.

Steve
([log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | (716)645-3564)