"INFOatHEARN (EARN-NL Info Service)" <INFO@HNYKUN11>
Tue, 23 May 89 11:50:34 MET
On -you know when you wrote this (I'm still at 88.00.01)- you wrote:
>You can't  use this syntax  for the LOCAL keyword,  but it will  work for
>SERVICE, which allows you to make the list known only within Stanford and
>to reject subscriptions from outside.
The next keywords we use for some Dutch (private) lists:
*  Confidential= Service
*  Service=      Netherlands,Local
*  Local=        *.nl
Because some nodes are reachable by domain adresses (xxx.nl)
we choose these kewyords, and it seems to work!!.

Another question: is it not possible (I know anything is possible;
even: tomorrow the earth will be hit by a planetoide size 100 km :-( ?)
 -let's say desireable-  to make LISTSERV recognize
the top domain (e.g. country .nl) as a different network ?
(c. EARN, BITNET; I assume that now this is done on the tag :net. ?!)

>  Eric
Kind regardzs.
Frans-Jozef Sprengers . URC . KUNijmegen . NL
(will this ever be an addrress ?)