Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 May 2011 22:48:47 -0600
On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:05:51 -0400, Sid <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I know in Lite that Welcome messages are not available but can custom new subscriber signup messages be created for each list or is the default always used?

Actually, listname.WELCOME and listname.FAREWELL files are (still) supported
in LISTSERV-Lite.  You must PUT them via email.  They simply cannot be edited
via the WWW interface.

See Section 15.8 of the List Owner Manual
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/list%20owners/ModeratingEditingLists.html#2338193

Technically, these files are deprecated in 16.0 in favor of the WELCOME and
FAREWELL Mail Message Templates in DEFAULT.MAILTPL so that these messages can
use the same decorative design newsletter templates.  However the newsletter
templates are also not supported in Lite, so the older listname.WELCOME and
listname.FAREWELL files still work, just without the fancy designs.  I think I
recall that in 15.5 and earlier you could edit the listname.WELCOME and
listname.FAREWELL files via the MAILTPL section of the WWW interface, but this
is no longer supported in 16.0.