Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:05:43 -0500
You do know that if a large message comes in and the Size(xxx) setting is
exceeded, a so-called "special edition" digest is immediately cut,
including the large message in its entirety?  Size(xxx) is only a trigger
point, it does not specify the largest digest that the server will ever
send.  The digest will be as large as it has to be to accomodate the
message that triggered the cut.  I'm pretty sure  -- in fact I am certain
-- this is documented.

I mean, you're not saying that it's, say, 2000 lines where none of the
individual messages it contains is over (for instance) 50 or 100
lines.  The behaviour you have so far described simply sounds like you are
handling some significantly larger messages (possibly multipart/alternative
where someone's specified some big GIF as a background?).  If that's not
the case then you need to be more specific about what the digest actually
contains.

Nathan