Conor Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:45:51 -0500
Tracey,

If I try the first option, is that going to exclude all other emails, or is
that just a work around to let the listserv emails go through?

Conor

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracey McCartney [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Open/Closed relay

One thing you can try is to set Exchange to relay mail only from the
listserv machine.  You can do this by giving it a certain IP address or a
range of them.  This is set in routing options, I believe.

I learned this the hard way just a couple of months ago. :)

The other option, if it is available to you, is to point Listserv to your
ISP's smtp server and bypass your Exchange server altogether.  And when you
make these changes, make sure you change BOTH smtp_forward and
smtp_forward_n (in the advanced configuration).

Good luck.

Tracey