Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jan 1991 19:32:28 EST
  I was poking through the signup file on my listserv facility and realized
that a considerable number of userids with entries in that file from the
local host here no longer exist. I am sure the situation is true of other
entries from other sites.  This file is huge and the listserv here is
running out of disk space which is at a premium here. Is that a run on
sentence or what?  Anyway, I was wondering if is okay for me to delete this
file, or at least all of the userid's that I am not familar with. I hesitate
to do this until finding out exactly what this file is used for since I do not
know for sure.

  I think it is for holding all of the names and userids for people who are
registered users at this listserv host.  Is that assumption correct?