Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:26:24 -0500
Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 02/26/2009 05:01:47 PM:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:54:15 EST, Jacob Haller said:
> > >I have a few subscribes on some of our lists whose ISPs use
> > >Securence.com. It seems that mail they send is routed through
> > >Securence, given an ID then continued to the destination. The
> > >problem is that Listserv is interpreting the Securence ID embedded
> > >in the header as the originating address and rejects them as not
> > >subscribed.

> > >Anyone have experience with this type of problem. I'm sure the
> > >problem lies with Securence, not Listserv.
> >
> > Hmm, this seems strange.  Can you share the full headers from a
> > message that has gone through Securence?
>
> It's probably inventing a Sender: field that Listserv doesn't like.

I know there are some services out there that assign a unique address to
outgoing messages for each recipient.  That address will only accept emails
to that unique address from the address it created it for.  This looks like
it might be a similar service.

I don't remember which one I was researching for another issue, but they
had a web interface where you could manage the process and IIRC, associate
several senders with one unique address.

As with any system that messes with the normal flow of emails, my opionion
is that the person selecting the service is responsible for understanding
how the system works and any adjustments needed.